DoW Centurion and Brevet de Randonneur are an organized non-competitive long-distance bicycle ride in the sport of endurance cycling and Randonneuring.
In these rides, the cyclists – who, in this discipline will follow a designated but unmarked route (usually 100 km to 1400 km), passing through check-point controls, and must complete the course within specified time limits. These limits, while challenging, still allow the ride to be completed at a comfortable pace – there is no requirement to cycle at racing speeds or employ road bicycle racing strategies.
More details about the brevet rules can be found here –
The same rules apply for the DoW centurion rides as well
End Time/ Cut off time for 100kms is 7 hrs from the start time
Instructions/Cautions for riders
Brevets de Randonneur Mondiaux (BRMs) are conducted under the rules of AUDAX CLUB PARISIEN. DoW also follows the same rules for the centurion Rides. All participants are expected to have read and understood the Rules (link below)
Please clarify any doubts before the ride.
- Please report at the Start Point 60 mins before the start time, to allow for inspections and to fill out your brevet cards.
- If not paid, Entry fee is to be paid at start point before Inspections. (Medal fees are separate and not included in Registration fees.)
- INSPECTIONS: before being handed your brevet card you will be inspected for
- Front and rear lights
- Spare batteries (not required for 200-km BRM)
- Reflective vest
- Rider numbers displayed on front and rear of cycle, secured well in clear plastic (this will not be provided by organizers)
- Credit/Debit/ATM card, number will be noted for reference (to be used at ATMs specified as unmanned control points)
- Riders without any of the above will not be given brevet cards and will therefore not be allowed to ride
- Hand over your brevet cards to the volunteers at each control point to be signed, stamped and time of arrival noted. It is your responsibility to retain your brevet card with you at all times throughout the ride.
- You will be given a print out of route details
- Please call the volunteer at the next control point and ride co-ordinator in case you are abandoning the ride for any reason. Inform the ride-co-ordinator on your return to Kolkata.
- While most control are at restaurants/dhabas, you can suit yourselves and eat, water up and rest as you need
- Carry your debit/credit cards for the unmanned controls and some cash as instructed
- In case of unmanned controls, retain receipts of the restaurants and the ATMs and hand them in along with your brevet card.
- Fill in the ride details and personal details in your brevet cards
- Hand over your brevet card to the volunteer/official at the end point
- After homologation, you will receive it with the brevet medals in 4-6 months. You will be informed of their arrival. DoW Centurion Medals will be given immediately after completion
Please check out the route map, read the details of the route and get your doubts and directions clarified before the ride from the ride coordinator.